SPACEWORKS IS HIRING!
Spaceworks Architectural Interiors is now hiring for an entry level estimating position [job description below]. If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spaceworks Architectural Interiors is a premium provider of interior glass & architectural wall solutions in the Boston area. (www.spaceworksai.com). We were ranked the 13th fasted growing private company in Boston and currently seeking an innovative individual who will join the company’s estimating department. This is a unique opportunity to become part of a great team and participate in a highly collaborative environment. While the role will be primarily Estimating, you will be wearing many hats and taking on a wider range of responsibilities over time. The ability to interact with a wide range of audiences is critical - assisting the A&D community with specifications, working with a wide range of architectural vendors and coordinating with General Contractors in the field. This small but growing company is nimble while its culture is based on providing a balance of direction and autonomy. Its brand is evolving dramatically and the future is exciting. Come join our team!
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications to determine scope of work
- Perform quantity take-offs and formulate a bill of material
- Send RFQs to third-tier vendors and accumulate bids
- Communicate with Architects & Designers in solving problems/finding solutions.
- Evaluate bids and prepare detailed estimates for projects, including material and labor
- Maintain project related documents such as bid list, contractual agreements and RFPs.
- Assist Project Manager in construction management tasks ranging from preparing purchase orders to issuing invoices.
- Maintain relationships with General Contractors and drive to be the preferred vendor for interior glass solutions.
- Use AutoCAD to create shop drawings for products
- Minimum undergraduate degree in field of construction, architecture, interior design or facilities management.
- Must be familiar with use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Take-off Software(s), Adobe Design Suite is a plus
- Be able to multi-task and complete assignments under tight deadlines.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude, willing to provide support in other areas if required.
- Knowledge of interior architectural walls, doors and glazing is a plus.