Project Estimator – Boston, MA
Spaceworks Architectural Interiors has methodically revolutionized the delivery model for corporate interior fit-outs (www.spaceworksai.com). We are a rapidly growing private company in Boston and currently seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our Estimating Team, reporting to the firm’s Design and Pre-Construction Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a great team, participate in a highly collaborative environment, and gain outstanding industry training. While the role will primarily involve estimating, the desired individual will be wearing many hats and taking on a variety of responsibilities over time.
The ability to interact with a wide range of audiences is critical - assisting the Architecture & Design community with specifications, working with a range of architectural vendors, and coordinating with General Contractors in the field.
· Communicate with architects, designers, and general contractors to solve problems/find creative and practical solutions.
· Maintain relationships with vendors and general contractors.
· Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications to determine project scope.
· Complete detailed independent takeoffs and gather relevant product quotes.
· Evaluate pricing and prepare detailed estimates and bid proposals for multiple concurrent projects.
· Compile and organize project-related documents, drawings, and quotes.
· Collaborate within the estimating team to coordinate meetings and tasks with your peers.
This may be the job for you if:
· You’ve earned a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. A GPA of 3.4 or above is preferred and a degree in the field of construction or design is a plus.
· You're a team player, but are comfortable working independently and can keep a level head under pressure.
· You can multi-task and complete assignments under tight deadlines.
· You write well and speak powerfully. You can explain complex situations with ease.
· You are attentive and conscientious. You are willing to take personal responsibility for your work and are interested and invested in expanding your industry knowledge.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Procore, and Bluebeam is a plus.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join our team!